Friday, December 10, 2004

Scary pants

I started off this morning thinking I should be wearing scary pants as I was due to go karting on the premise of a networking with clients and suppliers. I have never been karting so it seemed a slightly daunting task. However indoor karting is great fun although I didn’t get into the final race as my lap times were just short off the top six. Ok it was more a case that I was so far from the top I didn’t get a look in but speed isn’t everything, is it?

Well apparently so as in this case it was with the boys flying round the track and all the testosterone in the air. It was a great final race, with cars screeching round the track and pulling all the stops out to be crowned number one, oh and not to mention receiving a truly lovely trophy. The first car took to the front of the race just like the Grand Pre, the first car keeping wide so the tension behind increased, creating havoc with cars careering in all different directions.

I wasn’t great at karting as you can gather from my placement in the list but I do wish instead of the scary pants I had thought of cushioned pants. I was slightly too small to reach the pedals so couldn’t quite manage to hit the brake the result was me crashing side ways into a collegue, giving them a burst tyre opps! Not to mention how I am aching now, next time I can safely say it will be big padded pants all the way! A great day out and right now I need a bath so soak away these weary bones.

No comments: