Monday, December 20, 2004

Invest in beautiful lingerie to banish winter weight gain

While lying on the sofa yesterday after eating a large fry up and still feeling like I needed yet another mince pie I was pondering the thought of just hibernating during the winter months just like a tortoise.

As I now cram some cheese and biscuits in my mouth while reading the Sunday papers I come across an article, ‘Wave goodbye to winter weight gain’. It seems this article was written just for me as not only do they understand there are mood dips but they also suggest as a tip investing in beautiful lingerie now this is my kind of list.

The actual article in the Sunday Time Magazine list looked something like this..
• Mood dips lead to overeating so spend 30 minutes outside in the light everyday. (Time spent walking to and from shops at lunch time)
• Only eating from a dinning room table (this could be a problem as I have no dining table...)
• Invest in beautiful lingerie (my personal favourite and this is all in the name of health reasons, stretching the true but we are between friends)
• Tuck into steak, roast beef, venison and other red meat at least three times a week. (Nice piece of rump steak and a glass of wine for me this evening.)
• Detox your cupboards and fridge of stodgy, calorie-packed winter comfort food. (I shall ignore the last point until boxing day as I have just purchased Marks and Spencers mash and yes I know mash is easy to make but M&S mash in a tub while watching TV in winter is one of the best past times around, of course wearing your favourite Pyjamas or cami set is optional.)