Thursday, February 03, 2005

Widow Twanky socks

It is now become clear my new bikini will not be worn on this holiday as the wind is blowing from the north giving us a freezing wind with a chill factor enough to freeze a polar bear; ok I am exaggerating a little maybe a penguin.

Local people are saying it is global warming, as they have not experienced anything like this in the last twenty years. Who knows but for me I have now been out and brought a jumper and cute stripy socks. The socks are actually more like gloves, as they have individual pockets for each toe in the knitted fabric. At first I thought they made my toes look really long, and they felt funny. After an hour you couldn’t prize me out of them, as they were really warm and cosy. A welcome addition to my suitcase collection of clothes, which consisted of several bikinis, skirts, t-shirts, lots of lingerie and jeans plus one jumper for travelling, which is not ideal when you find the destination of choice is cold. The socks look like something that would be at home on the ugly sisters in Cinderella or Widow Twanky but hey a short pink nightie, pantomime multicoloured striped socks and I look like I could be in a theatre production.