Thursday, February 10, 2005

Are you Alicia Silverstone?

While window dressing years ago in a lingerie shop on the Kings Road, London a customer asked me

Customer: Are you Alicia Silverstone?
Me: No
Customer: Well you look just like her, have a good day.
Me: Bye… (I am left thinking, as if Alicia Silverstone would be working in a shop!!)

One day later, I hear a discussion behind me and the customer is back.
Customer: See I told you M she looks exactly like her don’t you think?
They proceed to have a chat about me right there in front of my face.
Customer 2: asks are you really not her?
Me: Really not who? (I know who they were thinking but it doesn’t hurt to hear again after all she is a pretty girl?)
Customer 2: Alicia Silverstone of course?
Me: Ah no I am not her (Thinking again these people really do think Alicia is working in a shop! I am sure she can cover her mortgage if she has one in a number of other ways!)
Customers: Oh well dear you look just like her, come on M we need to get on.
Customer 2: Nice to meet you, good bye. (With her goodbye she gives me a little knowing wink)
Well they made my day and certainly when I think back it amuses me still.