Saturday, February 12, 2005

Valentines Day is on its way…

Just encase you haven’t noticed and if you haven’t you must be blind, my local supermarket is decked out like a very kitsch grotto filled with hearts, ballons, cards, champagne and one of my personal favourites which I saw; a box of strawberries in the usual clear plastic except this box was heart shaped. How sweet it is like Disney has come town and decorated everything red and heart shaped. Yes with this tone of voice I am boyfriend less, and this time of year being single always feels like the odd one out.

Still I am not going to hang around thinking about that for more than a second, which I have just done so moving on I have been sent the results from the Figleaves questionnaire which was surveyed at Christmas so might give a few hints to what people like to receive.

Lingerie was the number one gift women were hoping to receive from their partners. (Good taste ladies)
• Over 40% of women put lingerie first.
• 33% preferred jewellery.
• 7% chose entertainment products such as CDs, DVDs and books.

• 97% of men liked buying lingerie for their partner (I found this a little surprising as most men I speak to get frightened by the thought but with more shopping online I guess it is all a little easier than wondering around department shops.)

• Both men and women chose lacy feminine lingerie as their favourite style.
• Followed by sexy bra, thong and suspender sets; then push-up bras; and finally modern basics.

• 88% of women liked what their partner bought them.
• 37% of those who didn’t said it was too trashy.