Thursday, February 10, 2005

Lingerie retail world

I don’t believe I have previously mentioned that I have worked in the lingerie world, working for a large online lingerie retailer, a bricks and mortar retailer and I have designed a show based on lingerie.

While thinking about going back to study a MA in Art Design and Media, which for the record I am currently looking into I got to thinking about the crazy days of working within the environment.

At a launch party for a particular website which we attended people kept asking my cute boss where he worked when he replied that he worked in the lingerie market these girls just couldn’t stop showing him their underwear. I honestly have never seen anything like it, tops flying up with girls saying this is “X brand bra” do you think it is a good bra or would you recommend anything else? The slightly shyer girls were just giving a glimpse of their knickers as they pulled them higher than their jeans. From his normal status he turned into a consultant of lingerie. I am telling you the man loved this new found status. I also think the free wine helped these girls and it has given me an idea too, perhaps at my next party I should say I am a underwear consultant to men then I could see if they dropped their trousers too..