Friday, January 07, 2005

Dressing up in underwear?

There I was having a lovely meal at Lucy’s last night where we had caught up on every aspect of each other’s life and had been discussing what 2005 might have in store for us. For me I know there is no drinking in January and shedding the winter weight is a must but apart from that 2005 could bring me anything.

As I was leaving and just putting on my coat she suddenly mentioned that her ‘Victoria Secrets’ parcel had arrived. My Canadian friend uses her Christmas holiday to order Victoria Secrets and pick them up when she returns home, what a lovely home coming present.

I would like to be a premiere Victoria Secrets customer however the shipping costs to the UK are not friendly or cheap so I think alas I just might have to make my own trip over there.

Naturally we had to go through the parcel of smalls she ordered, the shinny pink knickers, the cute lace trimmed PJ set and then some gold knickers. At first I looked and in the dim light they shone. Lucy looked at me with a naughty wink in her eye and proclaimed ‘I brought these as they reminded me of Princess Lear’ to me it all of a sudden became clear. She had brought these knickers as a cute dressing up theme.

Do other women when they see underwear see a scene of a movie or character they would like to replay? I know personally I would love to wear the beautiful lace set and gown worn by Emmy Rossum, the young American actress who plays Christine in The Phantom of the Opera film. I would also cherish the chance to be laced into a corset the way Vivien Leigh is by the black nurse in the film Gone with Wind. Perhaps like fantasies we all have our own individual takes on what we are passionate about and what we deem to be fitting to us. Of cause I am sure there are a few more risky versions we all day dream of but for now I shall leave these thoughts for another day..