Saturday, January 01, 2005

Wishes for the New Year!

What should I wish for this New Year I wonder as I am planning on following the Brazil New Year tradition where women chose what to wish for using underwear as the symbol of their desire?

The choice is from white knickers which equal peace, yellow for money or red for passion. I did enquire whether by wearing all three colours of knickers you could wish for all the above however I was told ‘this would just mean I was greedy and more likely the different symbols of desires would cancel each other out’

The mere word ‘greedy’ put me off as after all my Christmas eating the last thing I need to acquire for New Year is a greedy fetish of wanting to eat everything in my path!

The decision is actually quiet difficult as with the Tsunami killing thousands and the numbers rising everyday this is a very strong pull along with the war still raging in Iraq and soldiers far from home over this festive season. Perhaps the pants of choice should be white?

However with my current employer paying a tiny percentage increase to current salaries (which are pathetically small in the first place if you were wondering) not a great incentive to get back to my current job and work, work, work so I am thinking yellow could be the selfish choice.

Or perhaps, last but not least I should choose passion as quite frankly this hasn’t been the most passionate year of my life and I could do with a little loving next year. I could turn off the television; stop reading news papers, researching articles on the web and close myself off to the news. Sorely having a passionate affair could take my mind off the financial situation. As it could include all those dreamy days in bed when time does fly as you’re having fun. Could red be the choice for me?

I shall let you know in the future as I think telling people will make the wish not come true. Although if we suddenly get world peace or I move into a bigger house or I am missing in action for a few days due to new man in my bed then I shall let you know which wish I made this year. Although the other party people Brighton will know as part of the Brazil New Year tradition is to wear white clothes so yes the colour would show through a little.

Here is to a great 2005, Happy New Year and I hope all your wishes whatever they maybe come true!