Sunday, May 08, 2005

Old friends

The Underwear Drawer - stories from a lingerieholic

There is something lovely warm and familiar about old friends. If you haven’t seen them for a while it’s good to see what they remember about the old times, somehow it is always different to how I see it or indeed how I see myself. This friend I caught up with remembers me as the love’em and leave them girl from my carefree days at college. More boys asking for dates than days in the week. It was funny to hear her recollections and see her view of me as if I hadn’t changed in over ten years.

I on the other hand have changed I don’t love’em and leave them. In fact I haven’t been in a relationship for eighteen months, through choice and not meeting the right men. How we do change in tens years yet people still see us as the young days. I was pleased to hear these stories as in my imagination she brought my memories back to life and how we laughed. Old friends are like favourite old knickers warm, familiar and they keep the young girl we all are alive inside.