Monday, November 29, 2004

Monday blues

I really love Mondays, and yes I am being sarcastic. The time I remembered my umbrella was at home keeping my front room floor nice and dry was as I ran late for the 8.30am train. Having risen thirty minutes earlier so I could cultivate my hair into some sort of style rather than the just got out of bed look. I actually thought as I glanced in my hallway mirror near the door ‘hey this is not a bad hair day’.

With the train station on the horizon and just a short distance away the rain drops start to fall and this could be me being paranoid but I am sure they were larger and juicier than normal average rain drops. Within seconds I was muttering under my breath don’t rain anymore just let me get inside, pleading with the rain and sky I suddenly realised this was desperate behaviour even for me at this time on a Monday morning.

Arriving at work on a damage inspection trip to the ladies toilet ready to assess the damage I see it is actually more like devastation. I could have rolled out of bed and looked better than this, sighing I start to try and straighten myself up. As I tug at my jumper I see my beautiful camisole top is peeking over dying to get some air time. As I look down I smile such a pretty piece of delicate lingerie. Why should it be hidden, why shouldn’t it be allowed to show off just above the line of my v-neck jumper? I walk out of the toilet with my head held high in the knowledge this also hopefully will divert attention from the bad hair day I am currently having to the good underwear day I am experiencing.