Saturday, November 27, 2004

Deep passionate affair

The affair began aged 11 when I received my first set of matching white knickers and vest set. It made me feel so grown up and special. The gift was given in a small plastic packet sealed with a tiny clasp that begged to be released. As most children I torn the pouch open with lightening speed and excitement. The cotton felt soft and smooth with pretty embroidered pink flowers and tiny pink bows.

It was at that moment on that day I loved underwear with all my heart, the smell, the feeling of excitement. I did think over the years that feeling might dissolve but it has just increased with force. I now realise I like handbags and I like shoes but my true desire is a room full of underwear so I wouldn’t have to wash any for a year and still have clean sets to wear. A walk in wardrobe of underwear would be true heaven!

My underwear drawer blog will start today as I have kept notes about underwear for a long time and think there is a story through all different pieces of lingerie. It is now time to tell the secrets of my underwear drawer.